Missing a tooth or teeth is embarrassing for most people burdened with this. They don’t smile as often as they’d like and may even stay home rather than enjoy things they love the most. Sure, partial dentures cartersville replace teeth, but nothing is better than natural teeth. Preventing tooth loss is not so difficult and takes little effort. Use the five tips on the following list to reduce the risk you’ll need an extraction or dentures later in the future.
1. Brush Daily: Do not skip days or pick and choose when to brush your teeth. Healthy teeth need brushing twice each day. Brush in the morning and at night for two minutes each session. Don’t forget to brush the front and back of the teeth and the tongue, too!
2. A Healthier Menu: Food impacts the person that you are, so choose what you eat wisely. A mixture of fresh fruits and vegetables and lean meats and fish is best. Avoid sugary foods which can cause cavities that lead to gum disease.
3. Stop Smoking: Smokers are almost twice as likely to lose their teeth than non-smokers, according to the CDC. Smoking is bad for your health and is the leading cause of lung cancer as well. Stop smoking now and benefit your health and teeth.
4. Visit the Dentist: The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends visiting the dentist twice per year for dental exams and cleanings. This reduces tooth loss and other procedures that no one enjoys.
5. Care for Your Teeth: Your smile is the first thing other people notice about you and it gives them an idea or impression of the type of person you are. Take pride in your teeth and take appropriate measures to protect them from damage. Wear a mouthguard while playing sports. Eat the right foods. Get regular dental care. A combination of techniques keep teeth healthy.